Wednesday, October 22, 2008

thoughts

Just because we don't understand something... it doesn't mean we should fear it.

If we embrace it rather, we can learn more from these things we fear than any book, class, or experience.

Historically, cultures and communities have put down that which we do not understand--have called it evil, have condemned anyone who would associate with whatever it may be. I've always been one to stand up for those things. i've always stood up for "mystic" sciences if you will... always been one to stand up for someone who is just a bit different... i don't care what your sexuality is or what your beliefs are. I'm not going to be afraid of you just because i don't understand you-- rather i'd prefer to get to you know you a little better. In the end it makes me more content and you more comfortable with me.

I met an interesting couple yesterday-- and they reminded me not to be afraid of things that i don't know. To look within the power of myself and of the connection between me and others to find the strength that lies within. its a pretty incredible strength, but only if you are willing to give all you've got to fight for what you believe

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home