Wednesday, March 16, 2005

spring break halfies and old wisdom

i was half-dreding this first part of spring break... i was already in a bad mood from the week, and i was terrified of a weekend full of usual parental disagreements... but i was pleasantly surprised... i had a spectacular weekend with my parents, full of mom-daughter luncheon bonding and dinner-party cooking bonding... then you have to throw in the flavorfull working with dad and kathleen at the store, which turned out really great. we had a great time, i earned a little extra cash, and we got a lot done.

it was weird, i almost wish we had fought because then i wouldn't feel so bad about leaving, all the same, i'm excited about going to baltimore, i miss the hell out of my big sis and this week will rock. i needed this spring break. so, i'm good.

so, a very old lady was giving me advice for a very long time on saturday, and surprisingly, i found her right. one of her main things between her cute-old-lady bantering about praying that a nice man come into my life was her encouragement for me to get "out there" and i was thinking... where? where out there? i go to classes. i'm in a few organizations... but she's right. i need to find a way to get "out there" and stop waiting. she reapeatedly exclaimed that you can't just wait for things to happen to you. and i do that. i sit back and wait for things to happen to me. to come to me. what i'm waiting for, i'm not really sure. but i need to make things happen for myself.

song of the week: akon - mr. lonely.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home